Monday 16 January 2012

Proud little peacocks we are....

Catherine and I did not need any duct tape, for we stayed on task like two pros. I sensed how nervous she was to find some order and peace, hence we both had the same goal to accomplish. She had a doctor appointment and sheepishly aked if I would accompany her, to which we found her a permanent physician, and a great deal of relief. We rid areas of yellow sticky notes, organized new files and phone numbers, even managed sorting through a candle box! It wasn't difficult mustering empathy for this very proud woman who apologized at every turn for overtaxing my bones. Relocating to a new country, changing all personal information, finding new caregivers, dealing with insurance and renewals,taxes and banking galore, I reassured her she had every right to feel overwhelmed and somewhat confused. Having cleared our first desk of clutter, Catherine's hovering grey cloud slowly shifted. She proclaimed I was exactly what she needed. Tomorrow we tackle her past life documents, clear another area, discard another box, fill another garbage bag, and free Catherine's burden that keeps her from enjoying herself. Decluttering chaos declutters the mind.She needs to find peace, and I intend on finding it for Catherine.Our time ends with a sigh of relief, Catherine wanting to know if she has any homework. Why yes you do Miss Catherine, put your feet up and relax! My glory comes by way of a gentle kiss on the cheek and a warm hug full of gratitude. Tomorrow's another day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment